Friday, August 22, 2008

Final Tally for the Genea-Bloggers Group Games Competition August 22, 2008

Final Tally for the Genea-Bloggers Group Games Competition August 22, 2008

I continue to forge ahead on most all of the tasks for the Genea-Blogger Group Games Competition and am ready to report my final tallies in each category. I have worked diligently each day to make progress.

Go Back and Cite Your Sources!
I have added, checked and rechecked 20 more genealogy records for a total of 50 records in our family’s Robbins, Love, Gray, Willis, and Cogan surnames. I used the online How to Cite Sources by John Wiley.
*Completed 50 citations = Platinum Medal

Back Up Your Data!
I completed the backup plan in the earlier part of the competition and reported about that on the HollingsworthRobbinsFamilyTree.com blog.
My latest completed task is that my hard copies and photos are in waterproof containers in our safe room.
All my data is backed up on a 2.5 GB external hard drive.
*Completed 3 tasks=Gold Medal

Organize Your Research!
I previously reported on and completed tasks A, B, C, D, and E.
*Completed 4 tasks = Diamond Medal

Write, Write, Write!
I previously reported on and completed tasks A, B, C, D, and E.
*Completed 4 tasks = Diamond Medal

Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!
I previously reported on and completed tasks A, B, C, D, and E.
*Completed 5 tasks – Platinum Medal

*Total Completed Tasks: 1 Gold, 2 Diamond, and 2 Platinum Medals

I will stop at this point because we begin our trip Saturday, August 23, 2008 to a family reunion with four sibling cousins’ families in AR, three whom we have not seen for 25 years. After that, we will attend a grandson’s basic training graduation in MO. I’ll have my laptop so I can “tune in” to the Austin Family Blog for the Medals/Closing Ceremony and not miss any action. As we wind our way home we’ll stop by most of our six children’s homes in KS and OK.

I have enjoyed meeting new genealogy friends on Facebook and will continue to blog and participate in Carnival events after my return. The tasks have forced me to “try” to use my time more wisely, but I still find that there are so many fantastic detours, twists, and turns as I research by myself and with others, that I have to work hard to stay on track and focus like the Olympians in Beijing.

Thank you Miriam, Thomas, and footnoteMaven for leading the way for the Genea-Bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your medals! I'm impressed with the extraordinary efforts put out by all the participants. A special thanks to Thomas, Miriam and Kathryn for their efforts organizing both the Genea-Bloggers group and these games. What a wonderful way to build community!

    ReplyDelete

Please write constructive or positive comments about this blog web site.